Uses a Zig-Zag with a specified lookback period (Default 34)
Customizable fib levels, colors, and styles
Automatically adds fib extensions as needed
Can change the lookback period and turn the visible Zig Zag and/or AutoFib on/off
Can turn Logarithmic on/off
Can identify and mark divergences (regular and hidden) for MACD, MACD Histogram, RSI, Stochastic, CCI, Momentum, OBV, Diosc, VWmacd, and Chaikin Money Flow
Can turn divergences on/off individually
Can choose to show hidden divergence
3. Trend Channels
Uses a Zig-Zag with a specified lookback period (Default 21)
Setting AutoFIb to a longer lookback than Trend Channels is recommended, at least that has been working very well for myself
Can turn channels on/off
Can change the lookback period and turn the Zig Zag and/or Channels on/off
4. Super Smooth
Uses the John F. Ehlers Supersmooth method on a specified lookback period (Default 14)
Checks the current price action against the lookback period trend and if the Supersmooth signal aligns with the trend direction, it gives a strong signal (Bull/Bear). A continuation signal (Neutral) is given if these two don’t match, and often indicates trend continuation or trend reversal.
Can turn supersmooth and/or matching bar repaint on/off
Can choose between Bull/Bear/Neutral signals and only Bull/Bear signals
Alerts available for Bullish or Bearish change
Can choose current timeframe or any timeframe
- Can choose between AutoFib with manually defined levels or SmartFib with levels automatically calculated, including extensions as needed. You can change all values to suit your needs
- Choose between only using the most recent confirmed fib retrace, or the currently developing (non-confirmed) fib retrace - this will also contain price action within a 0-1 fib
- Adds fib extensions as needed, you can define extension levels
1) Contain Price (will make sure current price action is between a 0-1 fibonacci retracement. Fibs are considered 'valid' once price action has retraced beyond 23.6%) - You can turn this off to activate fib extension levels, and
2) Manual fib levels - Will respect fib levels as you have them checked in settings, regardless of auto settings
Also a minor update to add a few more available fib levels. These two features have proved to be very useful in my own analysis, hopefully it helps you with yours.
1) Bullish signal - alerts when the TREND RIBBON flips to bullish on the current timeframe
2) Bearish signal - alerts when the TREND RIBBON flips to bearish on the current timeframe
I don't have a signal included for the neutral state when using the 3-way ribbon color. If you think that would be useful let me know.
1) Weight bar colors by volume (you can adjust sensitivity)
2) Weight bar colors by momentum (you can adjust sensitivity)
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.