MAROC is simply Moving Average . This is a trend-following indicator that calculates the on two Hull moving averages. By default it calculates the on 60-period (green and red) and 180-period (blue and orange). The zero line represents the confirmation of change in trend. Above zero is up trend and below zero is down trend. Note the difference between the "trend reversal" and the "confirmation of a trend". I like to define trend reversal by the change in direction
The colored squares on the zero line has 4 colors that represents the overall trend. Here I include the slowdown of MAROC as the start of a trend.
- bright green = when both the slow and fast MA are trending up
- faded green = when slow MA trending up, but fast MA trending down
- faded red = when slow MA trending down, but fast MA trending up
- bright red = when both the slow MA and fast MA are trending down
Trend changes triangles are shown to signal the change in trend direction (trend reversal). Green and blue triangles are trend reversal to the upside. Red and orange triangles are trend reversal to the downside.
This indicator includes the option of displaying buy(long) and sell(short) signals that follows these rules. Use at your own discretion, as it may not apply well with your market or ticker.
- Long = Bright green square and either fast or slow MAROC changes trend direction to the upside
- Short = Bright red square and either fast or slow MAROC changes trend direction to the downside
Enjoy~! Please let me know if you find this useful and which market / ticker and timeframe you are using it on~ :)
Option 1 (new default)
- green/blue when trend is starting to reverse up
- red/orange when trend is starting to reverse down
- green/blue when uptrend is confirmed (ROC > 0)
- red/orange when downtrend is confirmed (ROC < 0)
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.