3 weeks tight is a continuation pattern discovered by IBD's founder, William O'Neil.
The pattern can used as an opportunity to add to an existing position as it often occurs after a breakout above a cup with handle or other technical pattern.
The 3 weeks tight pattern forms when a stock closes within approximately 1% to 1.5% of the prior week's close for at least two weeks. The reason for the bullishness is that it indciates that investors who moved the stock upward in price since the breakout are not taking profits, the price is holding steady.
The buy point is just above the area of resistance formed at the highs of the three weeks plus 10 cents. The ten cent addition to the price is to ensure a push through the resistance at the high of the range.
- It's preferred that closes for each week are in the upper half of the stock's range.
- Ideally, will increase significantly as the stocks moves past the buy point.
- This pattern generally performs best when the market is in an uptrend.
- A configurable horizontal bar that spans the 3 week period.
- A vertical band that highlights the tightness pattern.
- A label to show the buy price after 3 week tight pattern.
- Optional alert when the 3 weeks tight pattern is recognized.
■ The offset of the "Buy price" can be moved up/down.
■ The font size of the "Buy price" can be configured.
■ Percent change calculations have been updated.
■ Settings dialog now groups together similar features.
Sejalan dengan semangat TradingView, penulis skrip ini telah mempublikasikannya secara open-source, sehingga para trader dapat memahami dan memverifikasinya. Salut untuk sang penulis! Anda dapat menggunakannya secara gratis, tetapi penggunaan kembali kode ini dalam publikasi diatur oleh Tata Tertib. Anda dapat memfavoritkannya untuk dapat menggunakannya didalam sebuah chart.
If you find my indicators helpful, please consider a donation: