The indicator does not suffer from repainting.
I have kept this indicator open source, so that you can take this indicator and design a complete trading system around it.
Although the patterns have some statistical edge in the markets, blindly using them as Buy/Sell Indicators will certainly result in a heavy loss.
I like some of these setups more than others, and I have listed them in the order of my likeness.
The first one I like the most, the last one, I like the least.
The patterns are universal and work well in both intraday, daily and even larger timeframes.
Signals in the example charts are manually marked by,
GENERAL USER INPUTS:
These settings exist as the indicator uses ‘Labels’ to mark the patterns and Pine Script limits a maximum of 500 labels on a chart.
If you want to go back in the past and check how the indicator was doing, set the Start and End dates both and check the ’Use the date range above to mark the Setups?’ option.
EXTREME REVERSAL SETUP:
This is by far my favorite setup in the lot. Classic Mean Reversion setup.
The logic, as explained in the book, goes like this,
1. The first bar of the pattern is about two times larger than the average size of the candles in the lookback period.
2. The body of the first bar of the pattern should encompass more than 50 percent of the bar’s total range, but usually not more than 85 percent.
3. The second bar of the pattern opposes the first.
The setup works extremely well in high beta stocks like Vedanta VEDL .
Feel free to play with the settings in order to better align this pattern with your favorite stock.
Check out the examples below,
No indicator is perfect, failed patterns are marked with an X.
OUTSIDE REVERSAL SETUP:
My second favorite setup, it is quite good at catching intraday trends.
Here’s the logic,
1. The bar of a outside reversal setup has a low that is below the prior bar’s low and a close that is above the prior bar’s high. Reverse the conditions for outside reversal.
2. The bar is usually 5 to 25 percent larger than the size of the average bar in the lookback period.
Settings for this pattern simply reflect these conditions. Feel free to modify them as you wish.
The pattern is pretty powerful and will sometimes help you catch literally all the highs and lows of the market, as shown in the examples of Vedanta VEDL and RELIANCE stocks below.
As usual, this pattern is not PERFECT either.
DOJI REVERSAL SETUP:
candles signify market indecision and this pattern tries to profit off these market conditions.
1. The open and close price of the should fall within 10 percent of each other, as measured by the total range of the .
2. For a , the high of the should be below the ten-period . Vice-versa for .
3. For a setup, one of the two bars following the must close above the high of the . Vice-versa for .
Feel free to modify the settings and optimize according to the stock you are trading.
Don't optimize too much :)
This pattern works brilliantly well on larger intraday timeframes, like 15m/30m/60m.
This pattern also has a higher propensity to give false indications than the two described above.
reversal typically helps to catch larger trend reversals. Check out the examples below from RELIANCE and NIFTY charts,
Note that the RELIANCE chart below is the same as shown for the Outside Reversal Setup above, notice the confluence of Outside
Reversal and Reversal on the 31st August.
Confluence of patterns usually increases the probability of success.
RELIANCE 15m Chart - Pattern can catch nice trends on higher timeframes
NIFTY 15m Chart
WICK REVERSAL SETUP:
This pattern tries to capture with large wick sizes, as they often indicate trend reversal when coupled with significant levels.
1. The body is used to determine the size of the reversal wick. A wick that is between 2.5 to 3.5 times larger than the size of the body is ideal.
2. For a reversal wick to exist, the close of the bar should fall within the top 35 percent of the overall range of the candle.
3. For a reversal wick to exist, the close of the bar should fall within the bottom 35 percent of the overall range of the candle.
This pattern must always be coupled with important support resistance levels, else there will be a lot of false signals.
The chart below is the same NIFTY chart as above with the Wick Reversal candles marked as well.
You can see that there are a lot of false signals, but the price also indicates ’pausing’ at important levels by printing a wick reversal setup.
You can use this information to your advantage when riding a trend.
- Settings for various patterns simply reflect the logic described.
- You will probably need to tweak and optimize the pattern settings for the stock that you are trading.
- Higher Beta/Higher stocks are a great choice for these patterns.
- Using these patterns at critical levels will result in dramatically high accuracy.
- Be creative and try to develop a proper system around this indicator, with rules for position sizing, stop loss etc.
- You do not have to trade all the patterns. Even trading just one pattern with a proper system is good enough.
- DO NOT USE THIS INDICATOR AS A BUY/SELL SYSTEM, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY.
Feel free to drop any feedback in the comments section below, or if you have any unique patterns that you would like me to code.
This feature can be disabled (it is enabled by default) by checking-off the "Mark Candle Mid-Range on the signal candles?" option in the settings.
Thanks to user @FR2022 for bringing this in my notice, please check his comments below.
Pivot Boss himself uses these mid-markings when taking trades. Idea is pretty simple, set a stop limit order at the mid-point of a signal candle. Ideally, the price would hit the mid-point, execute your order, and then take off from there.
If you are not able to see the mid points marked on the signal candles, then please change the visual order of this indicator and 'Bring to Front'. Google how to do this in TradingView, if you don't know.
Dalam semangat TradingView, penulis dari skrip ini telah mempublikasikannya ke sumber-terbuka, maka trader dapat mengerti dan memverifikasinya. Semangat untuk penulis! Anda dapat menggunakannya secara gratis, namun penggunaan kembali kode ini dalam publikasi diatur oleh Tata Tertib. Anda dapat memfavoritkannya untuk digunakan pada chart
Informasi dan publikasi tidak dimaksudkan untuk menjadi, dan bukan merupakan saran keuangan, investasi, perdagangan, atau rekomendasi lainnya yang diberikan atau didukung oleh TradingView. Baca selengkapnya di Persyaratan Penggunaan.